Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. Our business focus is on transportation of both passengers and freight. We operate in Scandinavia, around UK and the Baltics and employ over 5 200 people, the majority working with service and sales.
Read more at www.stenaline.com
Stena Line is looking for Service Manager onboard one of our ferries operating in the Baltic Sea, to cover for a one year maternity leave.
Do you want to take the challenge and together with us run and develop the Onboard Sales and Services (OSS) operation onboard? As Service Manager you will lead and have operational responsibility for the OSS department onboard including F&B, Retail and Hotel. This will include responsibility for OSS crew, sales, budget and service quality. You will be reporting to the Regional Onboard Service Manager.
Scope of duties:
- To be actively involved in the OSS management team to develop the Onboard Sales and Service.
- To plan, allocate and coordinate work onboard in order to secure that cost and revenue targets are met, within the set budget framework.
- To plan crew manning in cooperation with manning agency/HR department according to set manning matrix.
- To lead the staff through open communication, trust, mutual respect and coaching.
- To secure that all hygienic, environmental and safety policies and guidelines are met.
- To actively contribute to the development of the staff and operation by review dialogue, strategy and business plans.
- To create good and pleasant environment for employees and guests.
Who do we look for?
As Service Manager you should show entrepreneurship and skills for running the business operation onboard. Ability to learn and find new ways of thinking will be highly appreciated. You should be able to motivate and inspire employees as well as to maintain calm and controlled in a stressful situation.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Two years’ experience at sea in this role.
- Solid work experience in service industry and people management.
- University degree within hotel or service industry will be an advantage.
- Fluent in English and Russian; preferably Latvian, Lithuanian and/or Estonian.
- Good computer skills and ability to work with computer systems.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Latvia_recruitment@stenaline.com stating „VACANCY OF SERVICE MANAGER” in the subject line.
Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. At Stena Line we believe everything starts with Care. For us it means that we care about our customers, our business, the environment and we care about each other. We want to make sure that our company is a fair and inclusive place to work for everyone. For us it is never acceptable to discriminate and we are firmly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or disability. Join us on our journey!